Friday, January 4, 2008

Back from South Carolina

A couple of days after Christmas, I went to S.C. to visit friends - all by myself. I've never "taken off" all alone before and it was an interesting and rejuvenating trip. Although I missed my family after a few days- and especially on New Year's Eve when they were 850 miles away and we were on the phone- I'm beginning to realize that some alone time may be what we all actually need in order to appreciate those in our lives a little more. I had the opportunity to walk on the beach and spend some time alone and that led to much reflection and contemplation on my life, where I am, and where I'd like to be.
Although I took pictures with me, we didn't get any scrapbooking done. However, Karen and I made a LOT of cards.
Happy New Year!!!
Below are some of the cards that I made. This are my friend's stamps, and coffee lover that I am, I just had to make some cards with them! I love using this cute cow set to make notecards. I find myself using my watercolor pencils a lot, especially when coloring detailed images like this wheelbarrow. I really like the soft look I can achieve with them. I used Kaliedoscope embossing powder over hunter green ink, so the "Hello" on this card is just beautiful IRL.

No comments: