Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's been SOOOO long

I know, I know... this is ridiculous. It's been MONTHS since I've posted here. I honestly contemplated just giving it up, but... We've had so much going on in our lives- some good, unfortunately a lot of bad, but we finally seem to be back on track so I'm hoping to be a little more regular with my blogging here. First off, I got accepted to nursing school! I start my clinicals on Aug. 25th. I'm very excited, but a little nervous too. I've got 24 hours of actual class time per week and then all the reading and studying. It's going to be an adjustment for all of us- especially since we just found out Mark is going to be moving to the afternoon shift the same day I start classes. There will be some juggling on how to get kids to and from school and the girls are going to have to pick up some evening slack- making dinner, helping Joey with homework, etc. But, it will all work out. We did a lot of projects around the house over the summer and I've been trying to get all of my photos organized. That's still on-going but I really want to have it completed before I go back to school. I haven't had as much time to create as I would like, but I've done some things and have many projects/pictures I'd like to share. I'll start off with the first spread of an altered book. I've never altered a book before and it has been loads of fun!
Trish, over at Next Generation Stampers, gave me the inspiration for this book.
For detailed instructions you can visit her at Trish Bee's ArtVenture- the link is on my home page.
This was step 1
Step 2

Complete!

I'm so pleased with how it came out- I can't wait to get started on the next two pages!

1 comment:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This turned out just FAB! It is amazing to see what we can do with a little help, isn't it! Can't wait to see what's next.