Friday, August 22, 2008

What I've been working on

As always, it's been a busy week- getting everyone ready to go back to school; and I HAD to get it done this week because my classes start on Monday and we have an out-of-town wedding next weekend. I told the kids whatever didn't get done now wasn't getting done and somehow they found the time to go shopping... lol. I am ALMOST done getting all my photos organized... just a little bit more to go. I will be so relieved when that's done. I feel like I just cannot scrapbook anything while my pictures are so disorganized. I make my books in chronological order, one for each year, and I can't put them together properly with pictures all over the place. Already I've found several sets of pictures that go in the middle of what I thought was a completed album, so I'll have to scrap those layouts and then take the album apart and put it back together... ugh. I did learn a lesson here (something good comes out of every situation, right?)- I will be very diligent with the organization of my photos from now on... I'll label not only what they are, but the month and year. You wouldn't believe how many pictures I had "organized" in envelopes that simply said "Up North"- well... when? Labor Day? Fourth of July? Memorial Day? And without a year, I've been having to look at my kids- haircuts, what swimsuit they had that summer, whether the braces are on or off their teeth, etc. to match them up to the proper year. What a nightmare! The other thing I MUST do is have a specific place to put doubles. I have spent HOURS going through pictures that I just don't know if they're doubles or the original pictures... so, once again, I have to look through everything- pictures in envelopes, scrapped pages- to see if they truly are doubles. Anyway, I should have it done by tomorrow- Yay! And I'll be the model of organization from now on! :) So, right now I'm taking a little break from the photo organizing and thought I'd upload some more pictures of what I've been working on lately.

This is the first stage of the second spread in the altered book I'm woking on.

Second stage- and all I've completed so far. I really like this... it's so vibrant and cheery. I think it will be a very fun page.

I can't wait to see where it goes from here!

This is an altered canvas that I made.

I made this card for a swap using the "gel" technique.
The little fish is behind a plastic baggie filled with hair gel- to give the illusion of water.

This is some textured paper that I made by gluing plastic wrap, masking tape and some mesh from an orange bag to heavy hard stock and then coloring it with alcohol inks and a little gold from my Krylon pen.

In real life, it is stunning.

I used a little bit of it to make some ATCs and now I'm saving the rest for something very special. (The "hoarder" in me shows up often when I'm dealing with art and scrapbook supplies!)

Another swap card... this time we had to make something in the shape of the letter B.

I decided to color glossy paper with alcohol inks and then stamp over it collage-style. I used brads as the center of the clocks and finished it off with a thin, glittery fiber down the side.

I broke out my watercolor pencils to color this simple but pretty "Thank You" card.

The background of this card was made using the bleach technique.

Another altered canvas. I made this as a gift for my best friend.

Playing with alcohol inks again... Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend- do something creative!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you've been working on is gorgeous. You're a wonderful artist!