Sunday, August 19, 2007

I was feeling guilty...

about not making my usual cards for Angel Stampers for Soldiers, so I made a bunch for the soldiers to receive. Now on to those Christmas cards! :)
I made this card much the same way as the next one below. I "slashed" Irredescent Twinkling H2O's on black matte cardstock~ very shimmery. I made the "thinking of you" and the shadow on my Cricut, layered them together, used clear glue on the top layer and then applied "daimond" glitter. Beautiful!
I wish I had a better scanner so you could see the detail in these cards. The background was made with a paintbrush by "slashing" Twinkling H2O's across matte white cardstock~ in real life, it's looks very glittery.
The "thankyou" stamp is by Stampin' Up and was stamped in white pigment ink and embossed with kaliedoscope powder. It's sparkly and changes colors depending upon how the light hits it.
These little bees are embossed and very shiny.
The message inside is:
"I hope you have a Bee-utiful Day!"
I learned how to make the pinwheel embellishment a little while ago and just love to use them~ they are so versatile and a snap to make. Here are the instructions: 1. Cut or punch a square out of double-sided cardstock or patterned paper. A two or three inch square works well for cards~ use bigger or smaller squares for scrapbook layouts. 2. Fold the square in half diagonally from corner to corner and crease (I like to use a bone folder to get a nice crisp crease.) Unfold and repeat along the opposite diagonal. You should now have a folded X on the square. 3. Cut along each of the folds, stopping about 1/4 inch before you get to the center of the square. 4. Take every other point and bring it into the center of the square, holding them down with your finger. When you've gathered all the points, use a stapler or brad to secure them to the center. Then cover the staple with a brad, button or other fun embellishment.

1 comment:

Trish Bee said...

Beautiful artwork! I thought Id leave you a comment and let you know my website url has changed from trishbayley.com/techniqueszone to http://trishbee.co.uk/